Ketamine Treatment Steps for New Patients
Summary: These are the steps you will take with our office to determine if ketamine infusions are an appropriate medical treatment.
1. Connect with the patient coordinator at Restorative Health. The patient coordinator can be reached by text or phone at 385-449-0565. The patient coordinator will answer basic questions and help facilitate becoming a new patient.
2. You will be emailed a links to our new patient forms, a ketamine consent form and ketamine specific questionnaire. These will need to be completed prior to your appointment. Completing these forms prior to your appointment helps us be better prepared.
3. A calendar invite of the initial ketamine infusion patient evaluation will be sent to you with the time and place of the appointment. The consultation is 30 minutes. Arriving 10 minutes early to the appointment is appreciated.
4. The comprehensive new patient consultation includes reviewing your current medical conditions and past medical history. There is also a review of your current prescriptions including history of anesthesia exposure and reaction. Ruling out potential interactions with current medications.
5. We request you complete questionnaires to review baseline symptom severity and subsequently after each treatment. The answers to these questionnaires will help us assess the best course forward for your plan of care.
7. Your treatment dosage is based on recommendations within the parameters recommended by UpToDate (an evidence-based clinical decision support resource from Wolters Kluwer) and adjusted based on patient response.
8. Treatments are either IV drip infusion or intramuscular shot; vital signs are taken prior to treatment and patients are monitored by the medical provider throughout the treatment. You will be required to have a driver.