Utah Medical Cannabis Card Information Page
Current Utah law allows medical providers to diagnose individuals and prescribe medical cannabis/marijuana. We are currently writing prescriptions for patients that request medical cannabis/marijuana who meet one the qualifying conditions:
- AIDS acquired immune deficiency syndrome or HIV
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- Epilepsy or debilitating seizures
- Hospice care patients and conditions resulting in the individual receiving hospice care
- Multiple sclerosis or debilitating muscle spasms
- Pain/Chronic Pain lasting longer than two weeks that is not adequately managed, in the qualified medical provider’s opinion, despite treatment attempts using conventional medications other than opioids or opiates or physical interventions
- Nausea/Persistent nausea that is not significantly responsive to traditional treatment except for nausea related to: pregnancy, cannabis-induced cyclical vomiting syndrome, or CBD hyperemesis syndrome
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) that is being treated and monitored by a mental health therapist and that: has been diagnosed by a health care provider or mental health provider by the VA and documented in the patient’s record; or has been diagnosed or confirmed by evaluation by a psychiatrist, doctorate psychologist, a doctorate licensed clinical social worker, or a psych APRN
- Rare condition or disease that affects less than 200,000 individuals in the U.S., as defined in federal law and this is not adequately managed despite treatment attempts using conventional medications (other than opioids or opiates) or physical interventions
- Terminal illness when the patient’s remaining life expectancy is less than 6 months
- If a patient does not have a qualifying condition specifically named, they may petition the Compassionate Use Board for approval of their medical cannabis card
Curious to see what examples of qualifying diagnosis look like? Click here
Once you have visited with a Qualified Medical Provider you'll need to take these steps to get your prescription card. Click here
If you have one of these conditions and have a qualifying diagnosis by a medical provider and would like a medical cannabis/marijuana recommendation and an eventual cannabis/marijuana prescription when its available please contact us (Appropriate documentation of the qualifying diagnosis will be required at the time of visit).
To expedite the process please complete our new patient forms and we will reach back to you with next steps. Completing the forms doesn't obligate you to anything and the information is kept strictly confidential.
At this time medical cannabis/marijuana recommendations and prescriptions are not covered by insurance at Restorative Health.
Prescription Cannabis/Marijuana Existing Patient - $180
Prescription Cannabis/Marijuana New Patient - $215
Video Walk through of Utah's Medical Cannabis Verification System
We have gotten a ton of questions about how to get through Utah's Electronic Verification System for medical cannabis. To help we have created this video tutorial.