Helpful Advice about Scheduled Drug Prescriptions
ATTENTION NEW PATIENTS - Prescription medications vary from Schedule II to Schedule IV. Schedule I are illegal drugs. Schedule II have a higher likelihood of abuse than schedule IV and Schedule II are under greater scrutiny and require more frequent follow up appointments.
If you are coming in for medications previously prescribed we will need your medical records prior to refilling those medications for you. Your medical records can be:
- Faxed to us at 860-413-0862
- Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brought in with you at the time of your appointment.
Schedule II Drugs
Opioids ⏾ oxycodone (OxyContin, Percocet), hydrocodone (Norco), morphine (MS Contin), methadone, dilaudid, fentanyl (Duragesic)
- Appointment Requirements - Opioids require a visit every 4 weeks | Refills are sent in every 28 days | Please set up a recurring 4 week appointment | Medical provider will send on the date due no need to contact the office for refills
Stimulants ᳀ amphetamine (Dexedrine, Adderall), methamphetamine (Desoxyn), and methylphenidate (Ritali), lisdexamfetamine (Vyvanse)
- Appointment Requirements - Stimulants require a visit every 3 months | Please set up a recurring 3-month visit | Refills will be sent every 28 days no need to contact the office
Schedule III - IV Drugs
Medications ቀ benzodiazepines like lorazepam, clonazepam, alprazolam, medical cannabis, codeine, lyrica, Tramadol, testosterone - Initiating testosterone therapy requires blood work to be completed prior to scheduling an appointment - routine monitoring of bloodwork with be required throughout the course of treatment.
- Appointment Requirements - 15 minute appointment every six months | Please make sure you are set up on a recurring six month appointment.
Ketamine ॐ nasal spray or trochees
- Appointment Requirements
- Initial 30 minute appointment.
- Case management visit to try learn how to properly use your medication to maximize the medication's benefit. This case management appointment usually happens a week after the initial appointment.
- Follow up appointments are required in 30 days, 90 days, then every 180 days.
Non Scheduled Drugs
Medications ቀ atarvastatin, glyburide, lisinopril, metformin
- Refills require a follow up appointment once per year. Changes to non scheduled drugs require an appointment to change.
If you aren’t set up on a recurring appointment and want your medications to be filled in a timely manner please contact William 385-449-0565 and I will help you get set up.
Interested in saving money on your prescriptions?
- Many pharmacies price match i.e. Smith’s, Wal-mart - Walgreens and CVS do not price match from our experience and on average are more expensive.
- Mail-order pharmacies often charge less if you order in three month supply
- Check out GoodRx.com website
- Use generics instead of brand name drugs when possible.